How to say hello and thank you in Hangul Korean?




I think this is perhaps the most common and basic word in Korean and any other language. To greet people and to show appreciation. So here goes..

Greeting such as Hello/Hi/How are you?/Good afternoon and etc in Korean Language is just one simple word : annyeonghaseyo . It is spell in Hangul as 안녕하세요 (an-nyeong-ha-se-yo.) which was a combination of two words:

An-nyeong = well being, peace
Ha-se-yo = do you? you do? please do

When typing the words in Hangul, I am still a bit confuse with the usage of ㅔ because I haven't learn the alphabets completely. 


Oh by the way, I type in the word in Hangul using virtual korean keyboard from the website www.branah.com/korean. By using this online keyboard, I do not have to install any software to learn how to type in Korean. A very good tools to make you remember the alphabet that I learn earlier on.

Now proceed to thank you. Thank you in Korean Hangul is Gamsahapnida. Spell in Korean as 감사합니다 (Gam-sa-hap-ni-da) which was also a combination of two words:

Gamsa = appreciation, thankfulness, gratitude
Hapnida = I do, I am doing


In the podcast from talktomeinkorean.com lesson 1, we also learn a few words such as:
1. Jondaetmal (formal language)
2. Banmal (informal language)
3. Chukahaeyo/chukahamnida (Congratulation)
4. Yeorobun (Everyone)

Not sure the romanization spelling is correct or not, but as they say.. no specific roman spelling for hangul. Hehe

So thats how I learn how to say hello and thank you in korean. 

Till then. Sarang sarang^^

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...