How to learn Korean Language Fast?



When you made up your mind to start learning a foreign language, perhaps this is the very first question you will ask yourself right? Hrmmm.. at least I did. I want to learn Korean sooooooo bad, and I want to master it fast. I have no urgency whatsoever to rush on learning Korean, but somehow I am a not very patient type of girl.

So here I come up with a few strategies that I will use on my self-master quest of learning Korean. Lolz sound so adventurous though.

1. Find the most frequently used words listing. 
Because I want to learn them fast, the only way I can think of is getting the top 500 or maybe 1000 most commonly used words in the Korean language. The internet offer many kind of free online dictionary nowadays, but actually there is no point of trying hard to memorise every single words that the language have because as a beginner, we will only need to learn what we will eventually use. By time, once you understand the basic, the uncommon words will slowly blended in.

2) Learn your favourite song lyrics
Why you want to learn Korean at the first place? Well, the reason might be varies but for me, its because I want to be able to watch the Korean drama and variety show even without subtitle. I also want to learn how to sing the K-pop songs correctly and enjoy the meaning inside the lyrics. So as a start, I will find a few Korean song that I like so much, download the lyrics and translation, print them out, and write down the words I do not understand right beside the lyrics. I think this method will work pretty well because normally we can remember words much quicker when they are repeated over and over again while accompanied by a melody. 

3) Learn from free courses available online
There are a millions of website out there providing this free services such as www.talktomeinkorean.com. I really enjoy learning the audio lesson they provide therefore I am going to use their website as my main reference in this blog. Other than the website itself, they also have an android apps that I have already download and install in my phone. That means, I will be able to learn on-the-go even during my working hour.

4. Decide what to learn first and be patient.
When we are in school, we have a list of syllabus to be followed. Perhaps if I am learning korean from a school, I will be provided with a guidelines of what to learn first too. So here, I will try my best to try slowly, learn step by step. Because this is my first time learning a language willingly, I am not really sure how to start actually. Now I am still in a dilemma whether to learn how to write first or learn the words first.

5. Speak... try speaking
My worst weakness when it comes to learning. I think I am pretty good in understanding, but to speak is a problem. I am not in a surrounding where people speak Korean. Maybe if I join a club or a forum where I can directly talk with the native speaker, I will be able to improve more. Well... this one is yet to be confirm.

But anyway.. as a conclusion, I am going to use all the method above to try to learn Korean language as fast as I can. I am giving myself a year of probation to see how far I can go. Along the way, I am going to record my progress here. In case you are like me, still wandering around the bush on how to learn Korean faster,  I cannot give you the right answer. But you can always join me venture. Together we can conquer this language!! Haha~

Till then.

Sarang sarang ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...